Wheels imply movement. Even when standing still, wheels look and feel like they want to move. With the slightest bit of energy in one direction or the other, the wheel moves. This week’s mandala reminds us to embrace the wheel energy, moving forward, keeping up whatever momentum we create for ourselves.
When we feel stuck, it may feel like we’re moving on wood blocks instead of wheels. An interesting visualization for when we feel this lack of movement with one of our goals, projects, dreams, etc. is to imagine that goal as a car we’re driving that currently has only square wheels. We can press on the gas pedal all we want, the car will fail to move. Or if it does move, it will be a very bumpy ride.
So in whatever way feels right, visualize ourselves getting out of the car and transforming the “blocks” into wheels (movement). Here are some questions that can help with the transformation:
- What’s written on the side of the square wheels (blocks)?
- Are all four wheels (blocks) the same or does each one represent a different block?
- What can we do to make the square wheels round?
- Or would it suit us best to completely remove the square wheels and replace them with round ones?
- What action can we take to make the wheels go round?
- What will grease the wheels so they move more smoothly and easily?
FYI…With more white space within this mandala design, it gives us the opportunity to add our own patterns and enhancements. We could even answer the questions within each of the six sections, with our goal/project/dream written or represented in the center circle.
“The moment you are old enough to take the wheel, responsibility lies with you.” ~ J. K. Rowling
The Mandala Lady