Download this week’s Mandala of the Week
About Yin Yang as defined on Wikipedia:
In Chinese philosophy, yin and yang … describes how opposite or contrary forces are actually complementary, interconnected, and interdependent in the natural world, and how they give rise to each other as they interrelate to one another. Many tangible dualities (such as light and dark, fire and water, expanding and contracting) are thought of as physical manifestations of the duality symbolized by yin and yang.
Our focus for this week’s MotW is inspired by this quote from the Ace of Stones card in The Wild Wood Tarot by Mark Ryan and John Matthews:
The most potent act of the mind is to conceive of an idea and manifest it into practical, material reality.
We speak here today about the duality of the Creative Spirit and the Earthly Form. A vision, thought, idea appears to us like a spark of light (Creative Spirit). From the spark we go about making it happen (Earthly Form). Examples of bringing a vision, thought, idea to form:
- an idea about what to have for dinner…then following through by making it
- a brochure about going back to school happens to arrive in the mail the very day we ponder what to do with our life…then following through by enrolling
- we see a beautiful sunset, it touches our hearts…we photograph it, paint it, write a story about it, etc.
- we come up with a new idea for our business…we go about researching and learning how to do it…then we make it happen
- we dreamt about a beautiful garden idea…we figure out where to put it in the yard and then proceed to create it.
This week’s mandala asks us to continue our exploration into bringing our Vision into Form.
- When coloring this mandala, how would we express our Creative Spirit/Imagination/Higher Self/etc? How would we express our Earthly/Human side…the side that manifests the Vision on this Earthly plane?
- We can also color it by picking one idea that we may be struggling with manifesting. How would we express the Vision side of this idea? How would we express the Form side of this idea? Where does the struggle appear? How would we express the struggle?
The more we access our Creative Spirt, the richer, more expansive we become as we manifest our dreams into our human earthly reality.
The Mandala Lady